Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Champagne Hunter - 1995 Henriot Enchanteleurs


I figured the first post of any substance should be pointing out a killer deal - I stumbled upon the 1995 Henriot Enchanteleurs (their tete de cuvee, usually around 50% Chardonnay/50% Pinot Noir) at All Star Wine & Spirits in Latham, NY for $89.95. I ordered from this shop years ago so can't vouch for their inventory or integrity, but I do know that's a heck of a price.

Always one of my favorites, the Enchanteleurs tends toward scents of citrus pastries and has a remarkably distinct earth note almost reminiscent of sous bois in Red Burgundy. The 1996 definitely has those marks as well and retailers must be blowing out the 1995 to make room on the shelves for the new release.

EmpireWine had this earlier today for $79.99 but they're out, someone must have jumped on that rather quickly.

1 comment: